12 September 2007

Van-O-Rama

Last weekend was Vanorama, hosted by BenT in South San Fran.
vor5

I think there were around 20 or so vans (mostly syncros, a few tristars and one westy showed up while we were there.)

It was fun looking at all the modifications people make on their vans.
Jeff added a real sunroof to his van which I would really love to have. That crappy plastic poptop thing that Westfalia comes with is not supposed to be open when driving (or it cracks and leaks when it rains) so this is a possible mod for the future
vor37

For the record, I think Jeff is either half mad or a genius: he did his own Subie conversion, and was doing his best to try to talk me into doing my own--to which I could only laugh. Dude...I'm as mechanically inclined as a drunken monkey with one hand caught in a bear trap. "I'm a graphic designer!" he said, to illustrate that it wasn't as hard as I thought. But we drove off thinking he was the man for undertaking the job.
vor21


then there was Bruce's hot "Syncro" die stamped on the side. Dang, this was so cool I couldn't take my eyes off it.
vor19

Bruce with his Westy Syncro
vor30

Paul and pooch in front of their Westy Syncro
vor14


Florian from Germany with his Westy Syncro
vor11

It was nice meeting other Syncronauts!
I'm looking forward to "Burning Van" in January (maybe) and seeing these guys again, and maybe meeting new folks.

I'll let you all know how the silver crap-heap is coming along. As of right now, it's getting a new catalytic and fuel leak fixed so we can smog it and get it registered in California. Until then, it's not getting a single other repair; want to be sure that we don't need to dump it fast for as much cash as we can get because we can't register it!

D'OH!

In the mean time, I'm sketching up plans for the interior re-do. Want to get rid of the foam mattress bed and get my hands on a westy fold down.

All in due time (and money)

No comments: